Control plate is not included unless selected from the drop down menu - our import width 34mm plates are used.
The perfect solution for the solder shy!
If you previously wanted to switch your pickups or replace electronics for higher quality, more durable components, you'd have to learn how to solder. Learning how to melt solder with a hot soldering iron about 450 degrees right next to your beautiful bass finish isn't too popular. Not only the risk of damaging your guitar's finish, but damaging the components themselves! And that's before troubleshooting the electrical problems that may occur too. Needless to say, there's quite a number of guitarists who choose not to solder.
This leaves these people with two options - being stuck with whatever stock electronics come in their guitar, or taking them to an expensive tech to get them swapped out. The work often exceeds the price of the components themselves.
We've come up with an elegant solution to this problem. This circuit board is mounted to the back of the volume and tone potentiometers (knobs), it's pre-soldered and equipped with a screw terminal for your pickup leads, and a plug to plug in the jack socket. To install it all you need to do is -
- Screw the washers and nuts onto the pots and jack after they're inserted into the control plate.
- Insert the switch into the long rectangular hole and screw it onto the control plate
- Follow the labels to the right of the grey terminal to plug in each of your pickup wires into the terminal by pushing down the button and inserting the wire for the terminal to clamp it in.
- Install the jack into the jack plate, feed the output leads through to the control cavity, then plug the plug onto the connectors, following the labelled colours.
This harness is made up with quality components including
- CTS solid shaft shaft potentiometers
- Oak Grigsby 3 way blade switch
- Orange drop capacitor
- Switchcraft jack socket
Available in a variety of different options to accommodate most requirements.
We suggest the standard 250k + 0.047 with single coils and 500k + 0.022uf with humbuckers.